These terms and conditions shall apply to your use of the website located at https://www.thetvforum.co.uk (“The TV Forum site”).
By using this site you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below which shall take effect immediately on your first use of this site. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, you may not use The TV Forum site. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by the administrator. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
If you have any comments on the policies or rules set out below, please use the contact form.
The TV Forum is a fan based presentation website, it regularly features material shown on television channels. Copyrights and trademarks of all materials displayed are held by their respective owners and their use should NOT be seen as an endorsement or affiliation with this forum or website. They are not responsible or liable for any content, products, services or information available on this site.
Disclaimers and limitation of liability
The TV Forum site (thetvforum.co.uk) content is provided “AS IS” and on an “IS AVAILABLE” basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
Under no circumstances will the website owners, hosts, advertisers, forum administrator and/or moderators be liable for any loss of data, loss of revenue or anticipated profits, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill or injury to reputation, losses suffered by third parties, or any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of this site regardless of the form of action.
Material which is posted in any forum is written by users and we are not responsible for and give no endorsement of such material. We monitor the contributions and may respond to or comment upon communications by you and edit or remove any content from the forums at our absolute discretion. No failure to remove particular material constitutes an endorsement or acceptance of it by us.
About your forum posts
By posting on this forum once you are a member, you agree not to post material which is:
- inaccurate and/or defamatory – don’t say it if you can’t prove it
- abusive, obscene, harassing, racist or generally offensive
- sexually explicit (including references to media individuals’ sexuality)
- invasive of a person’s privacy or otherwise violate any law.
- advertising or offering to sell products or services for profit or solicit other users for commercial purposes
- conducting or forwarding surveys or contests
This forum is relatively popular and do remember that the people you are talking about and/or their lawyers may be reading your comments, so watch what you say. This isn’t trying to reduce your freedom of speech, or enjoyment of the forum but with this does come responsibility of you as the forum member.
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful, no swearing or course language.
- Posts should not divert the natural flow of a topic, taking it significantly off-topic. This includes nitpicking the spelling and grammar of posts, as well as the posting of random images which have the same effect to a topic.
- If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the community or annoying other users you will have action taken against your accounts
- Be patient: users of all ages and abilities will be taking part at this website
- No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) usernames
- Your post and its content is wholly your own and you take full responsibility for what is submitted under your username
- You agree to indemnify the website owners, hosts, advertisers, administrator and/or moderators against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by the above as a result of your breach of the above warranty
About The TV Forum and the law
You may not submit any defamatory or illegal material of any nature to this website. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio. Contributing material with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
Considering the real-time nature of the forums it is impossible for Administrators to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. The administrator and forum moderators actively monitor the site but we cannot be online 24/7 and users may post inappropriate material. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately using the Report a Post feature. This is a manual process, however, so please realise that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
Termination or restriction of accounts
The Administration hold the right immediately to terminate or restrict your use of The TV Forum website if they determine in our sole discretion that you have breached these terms and conditions or otherwise been engaged in conduct which we determine to be unacceptable. Website Administration will endeavor to contact individuals personally in such cases although this cannot be guaranteed. Additionally, we may contact relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement/s. The usual procedure is that you will be warned but if the abuse persists, a forum-specific, week long ban on posting will be placed. Continued abuse and the the ban will be permanent and site-wide. There will be no second chance.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Published March 2021